My World Survey 2015
Mini-Grants for 2015 MyWorld Survey targetting African Countries
In 2014, the African Youth Panel signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the UN Millennium Campaign to mobilize young Africans to take part in the MyWorld Survey.
To fulfill this mandate, the AYP has committed to work with youth organizations in Africa mobilize 1million votes on the MyWorld survey through the provision of 10 mini-grants valued at USD3,750 each to a coalition of organizations in 10 selected countries.
Central African Republic, Cameroon, Mali, Niger, Mozambique, Morocco, Sudan
Additional Countries considered due to possibility of attracting high votes as a result of population:
Nigeria, Ethiopia and Kenya.
Criteria for selection
• Lead organizations will work with a coalition of youth organizations in the country. A proposal with at least 4 organizations, youth networks and movements will be an added advantage
• Combination of online and offline mobilization including targeting in-school and out of school youth to take part in the survey.
• Recruiting local volunteers to go into communities with printed forms and then filling such online later on
• Using the mass-media including radio/TV/Internet and social media to raise awareness and reach out to young people for votes
• AYP and the African Youth Alliance on Post2015 affiliated members are encouraged to apply
• Fair estimation on the Number of votes each country can mobilize
• Priority will be given to organizations who are able to attract additional resources
• Priority will be given to the Focus countries. However, very sound and creative proposals from the additional countries will be considered.
1. Application open on Tuesday March 17, 2015
2. Deadline for submission of application will be Tuesday March 31, 2015 by 23.00 GMT
3. Successful applicants will be notified on Friday, April 10, 2015
Please fill the application form here: